FORCE-UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FORCE-UK

bf2

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Want Virtual, get Freetrack

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Jocky
Squad leader
Jocky

Want Virtual, get Freetrack Empty
PostSubject: Want Virtual, get Freetrack   Want Virtual, get Freetrack Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2007 9:37 pm

Iv'e got a useful link for all you geeky flightsim boys out there, Free track 2.1 It uses a LED on your head to mimic in game head movements like old school virtual reality systems.

http://freetrack.online.fr/english/

Iv'e built my system with a £3.50 webcam from Ebuyer, and a spear LED I had lying around. very similar to trak ir but without the £100 plus price tag. I will try to put some images of my unit on the user galleries

Its very useful in flight sims, Armed Assault and racing games, probably only a matter of time before someone figures out a way to do hands free web browsing with it Wink now there a thought
Back to top Go down
britdog
Squad leader
britdog

PostSubject: Re: Want Virtual, get Freetrack   Want Virtual, get Freetrack Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2007 8:29 am

yeah lead was on about that, do some pics on how to make a set too if you can, would love one, but ai'nt paying 1oo bucks for one, shit that.

look forward to the pics.
Back to top Go down
LeadAxe
SITE ADMIN
SITE ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Want Virtual, get Freetrack   Want Virtual, get Freetrack Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 12:30 am

Well Brit, you won't be paying 100 bucks if you make one yuhself. It'll be no good for Battlefield though, only the more serious games, need serious gear to play. Laughing

Peace out !!
Back to top Go down
britdog
Squad leader
britdog

PostSubject: Re: Want Virtual, get Freetrack   Want Virtual, get Freetrack Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 7:38 pm

Back to top Go down
Jocky
Squad leader
Jocky

PostSubject: Re: Want Virtual, get Freetrack   Want Virtual, get Freetrack Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 9:22 pm

Hi Brit, I tried to post some pics in my gallery last week, but they didn't show up for some reason. i've built a new one out of an old tv remote control , I just ripped the battery box out and connected the infra red LED to it and glued it on top some old headphones ( I have no idea why I have so many headphone sets lying around, knew they would come in useful someday)
Also that vest looks cool, but still out of my price range, mayby a home made version using army surplus combat vest, a car battery and some jump leads would work Shocked

Anyway I will try again to post more pics of my freetrak setup soon

update, i've got the images on the gallery under -)FUK(-, direct link here

https://force-uk.forumotion.com/gallery/FUK/FUK-cat_c1.html

also Lead if you want my first attempt you are more than welcome, it still works but batteries are not included Smile
Back to top Go down
britdog
Squad leader
britdog

PostSubject: Re: Want Virtual, get Freetrack   Want Virtual, get Freetrack Icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2007 10:08 pm

gots to build me a set. study
Back to top Go down
LeadAxe
SITE ADMIN
SITE ADMIN

PostSubject: Re: Want Virtual, get Freetrack   Want Virtual, get Freetrack Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 3:48 am

Yeah Jocky, I see your pictures are up but I've uploaded mine and still nothing, APPARENTLY, you need ADMIN status to approve pictures and maybe they're a bit slow, what with the sheer volume of members waiting to get their pictures approved...LOL !! Oh yeah, Jocky, didn't want to bring this up but you look the spitting image of Tinky-Winky in one of your pictures.

Peace out!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want Virtual, get Freetrack   Want Virtual, get Freetrack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Want Virtual, get Freetrack
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
FORCE-UK :: PUBLIC CHAT :: LINKS & SITES-
Jump to: